Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Flames of War at OwlCon

reposted from Yahoo! Group AI_FoW
OwlCon 2014 is only a few weeks away. Once again it will play host to Houston's largest Flames of War tournament of the year with space for 30 players! The FOW tournament will take place on Sunday February 23. We have plenty of prize support again so nobody will leave empty-handed.

Please take a few moments to register at www.owlcon.com. Pre-registration closes February 14 at 9pm Central.

Also e-mail me your intent to play as OwlCon will not inform me of your participation until the day of the event. I'd like to hear from everyone with their faction choice so I can work on balancing Red vs. Blue.

This year's event will be 3 rounds of Late War fun at 1650 points to help those of you planning to attend Nationals in Austin this summer to tune your lists. Any current Late War book is acceptable. If you have questions please contact me with them as soon as possible.

Round 1  Defensive Battle 10am - 12:30pm
Round 2  Mobile Battle 1pm - 3:30pm
Round 3 Fair Fight 4pm – 6:30pm

Additionally, if you own quality terrain and you're willing to help by providing a table, please let me know that as soon as possible. Based on some experiences at other tournaments, I do have a couple of requests: no rivers or ravines that bisect the table (short OR long), no tables with Difficult Going in the corners such that it completely occupies the 16” corner for Reserves in Encounter or Dust Up. Again, please contact me concerning any questions.

Time is short so please register and communicate with me so that we can have an outstanding event.

Thank you,
Jair

No comments:

Post a Comment